Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's Resolution Shot To Hell In Less Than Two Days

Well. I was going to suprise you all. 2008! The Year of the Return of the Blog! Every day a post!

On the bright side...the Better Diet and More Exercise resolutions are feeling a lot less pressure to perform.

I hope you all had great holidays. We here at The Outpost capped our festivities with an ear infection, pink eye, and flu for everyone. The end result was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day spent hanging out in our pajamas, raiding the fridge for whatever we could find, and not talking to anyone.

One of the finest holidays on record. Next year, I may take the kids and go hang out in the lobby of our doctor's office and see if we can't have a repeat performance.

I guess I would have to say life is back to fairly normal now. The kids went back to school today. The dog is sleeping at my feet. I'm avoiding stuff I need to do. Right on par.

Oh. Wait. Here's a great story. Last night I let the boys each pick out their own individual-sized pizza for dinner. The Governor went with the fool-proof pepperoni. The Senator branched out and went with sausage and mushroom. Later in the evening, The Senator impressed us all with a lengthy and loud burst of gas. He turned his head back over his shoulder, took a deep sniff, and said, "Mmmmmmm....mushrooms."

There. Now we're back to normal.

Hope you all had a terrific Christmas. Oh...and Chris? It's 14 degrees outside right now with about a 30 mph wind. I hate you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our Christmas. I got sick the Friday before and am now just getting better. My mother in law was here for Christmas and she was sick too. Besides, it was COLD here! It was so cold outside we couldn't go lay by the pool and get in the jacuzzi at the resort we were staying at... that sucked. I think our highs were in the low 50's! BBBRRRRRR....
Our main resolution was to quit drinking beer during the week, broke that one in 2 days. Both the missus and I had such crappy (and long) days yesterday, we went home and said to heck with it and each grabbed a beer out of the fridge. Oh well, maybe we'll restart it today. Or not.

By the way, high today is going to be 72. Aahhhhh, that's more like it.