Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This Is Why God Blesses All The Little Children

Thursday night I was sitting on the side of a soccer field, watching The Governor play. As his team was receiving what can only be called "a thrashing", my attention wandered, and I started talking with another mother who was also trying to focus on something other than the blood bath in front of us. We started discussing soccer and I mentioned that I still played in a couple of leagues.

Her young daughter (perhaps 7?) looked at me and asked, "Are you a teenager or an adult?"

I'm sure I could have sold energy back to the electric company with the wattage coming from my smile.

Wonderful child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you started blogging again. Reading your blog always makes me smile.

Matthew

Matthew said...

It's been about a year since I looked in here. I had hoped to find that you started blogging again. I guess I jinxed things with my last comment. I hope all is well with you and the family.

Matthew

Matthew said...

I popped in again hopping to find you started blogging again. I hope all is well with you and the family.