Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Moment For The "Great Parenting" Archives

The Governor had his Valentine's Day...pardon...his Friendship Party at school last Thursday. Four mothers volunteered to come up with different games or crafts to entertain the little buggers for about an hour. Since we were also invited to bring a snack (because the candy attached to the Valentine's...pardon...Friendship cards might not raise their glucose levels high enough), I decided to combine craft with snack. I bought heart-shaped cookies, frosting, and assorted sprinkles. Assemble and eat.

The kids were divided up into smaller groups, and the teacher had them rotate between each station.

When The Governor made it to my table, he applied the frosting and decorations with gusto. He ate the cookie, drank the little bottle of water, got up out of his seat, staggered backwards, and declared, "I feel like I'm drunk."

When I was finally able to shut my mouth, I had to make the situation worse by hissing, "What did you just say?"

And, of course, he repeated himself even louder. "I FEEL like I'm DRUNK!"

I looked up to see the teacher (a substitute, fortunately. God doesn't completely hate me) staring at us with a grin on his face. "I have no idea what to say," I lamely muttered.

The Gov grinned and staggered on to the next station: Pin the Wing on Cupid.

Since I have yet to receive a call from Child Protection Services, I can only assume the young, recently graduated from college substitute thought The Governor's comments more amusing than serious.

I did have a chat with The Governor on the ride home from school. He couldn't say where he picked up that little gem, but he did promise never to repeat it again. But only after I waxed on about the appeal of boarding schools.

3 comments:

thismngardener said...

Nice (piece of a) blog. Hope that you blog more often-I like your writing style! The old one-can you syndicate somehow and fold into this one?
take care-

inklenaomi said...

at least it wasn't in front of the in-laws, or at church, or in front of a police officer....

Naomi

Anonymous said...

Hey Wright County Cathy! hope you write some more soon! (yes i'm now just periodically lurking on your blog). I'm really just looking for a good laugh. jane